Saturday, March 21, 2009

We're singing

Our voice is the loudest in these groves
Heavy with the sense of resentment
We used to be so much different
When I started, you knew that I always meant it
I knew I could make a difference
We started to see it's only a matter of time

Words appeared on my page
Faster than I could pull us away
And I knew this, I knew it
But watch you ruin it
The sparkling spotlight, the focus
The feelings, the preparation of stage
Don't say you are ready to turn the page

So now this book has been written
Our pages have been read,
All we have to say is time goes on
Time no longer means anything
Days and hours on the road on this stray light
It didn't mean anything, nothing at all.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is remarkable. Excellent.

- Pat

Post a Comment