Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Decade Under the Influence


Sweet delicate creases of the folds of your skin
The half closed winter smile, the way your breath creates crystals
That threaten to freeze our thoughts entirely still
Where we're both unsure who has to make a move anymore
These are the times we live for, building rapport
Yet, its a quarter to one and I'm sick of waiting to score

You remember the time we sat in traffic for three hours
And we talked about drinking hot chocolate in front of the fire
Where the greatest flame that leaped represented our hearts
Suffocating, flickering, pulling us apart
You know what they say, you told me
All it takes is a little spark

The snowball and pillow fights make my life
The way you taunt me and go down tonight is so right
Defined, we are the innocence of captivation
Underneath it all, we feel the voices of restraint
Take it slow, take it slow, you say, You're not a Saint
Why should I let us stray once more tonight?

You know when you grin
Your tiny freckles light up all over your chin
And when you push me away I pretend I don't want to stay
You'll pout, and pretend to cry
I'll just pretend to walk right on by
You're a game I just can't deny

A decade under the influence
Ten years that went by so fast
Where the world is colored in a different contrast
When we realize this can't last;
I touch you once, I touch you twice
I won't let go at any price.

No comments:

Post a Comment